Creme De La Trend

"Obsessively opposed to the typical"

Thursday, August 13

Just click your heels......

This weekend I will also be heading down to the Swarovski CRYSTALLIZED™ lounge to have a drool over all the Dorothy slippers on show. It is the 70th Anniversary of the Wizard of Oz and many great shoe makers (including Giuseppe Zanotti, Sergio Rossi, Manolo Blahnik & Jimmy Choo) have been commissioned to make there interpretation of the famous Ruby Slippers from the movie. Even though this is there first (and only, I think) stop in the UK they debuted in Saks' window and also went on display at the Mercedes Benz Fashion Week
I could only find pics of the sketches so far but hopefully I will be able to take some pictures when I visit the lounge.
Visitors to the lounge can get a free glass of champagne this Saturday It runs until 20th August 09 A 10 per cent discount is also on offer to guests visiting the exhibition until August 20th.
My shoe messiah says:
"I welcomed this project mainly because I've always liked the movie, I think it's a masterpiece," explains Zanotti. "I've imagined a modern Dorothy and what's better than a pair of sparkly flat ballet shoes to travel in her imaginary world?" Swarovski CRYSTALLIZED™ lounge, 24 Great Marlborough Street, London, W1F 7HU.

No comments: