Creme De La Trend

"Obsessively opposed to the typical"

Friday, March 27

Mad Hatters

Tonight I went the the V&A for the French Connection Friday Late Bonnet Parade. I wore my vintage hat which was dated to the 1950's.
There were many so many nice hats being worn, I took photos of some of my favourites.
I visited the Hat Dressing Booth and met a new friend from Royal Milliner John Boyd (she dated my hat) and kindly dressed my head and gave me advice on what suits me and my oval face. We picked out this uber OTT pink number which of course I fell in love with immediately.
I wore my new Japanese denim skinnys sheer blouse, Kurt Geiger bow shoes, Gucci bag and vintage hat. I had so much fun. As well as talks and a paper bonnet parade, there was a "pimp my cap" event a hat re-fashioning workshop (I steered clear of that one with my precious) and a mad hatters tea party.
I picked up a Ophelie feather headband hat & a book on vintage Tiaras :0) every princess should have one!
http://www.vam.ac.uk/microsites/hats-anthology/
With thanks and lots of love to my beloved Lizzy Bee who sent me the info on this event!
xoxo

No comments: